About Me

My photo
Orlando, Florida, United States
Contact me at:
chrisjohnleblanc@yahoo.com LinkedIn: Christopher LeBlanc
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................
I'm a professional computer graphics artist interested in using my artistic skills and creativity to develop successful and inspiring projects.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

2 Hour Painting - Previsualization for 3d Portrait

UPDATE: I am now abandoning this stupid thing. Not happy with it. Not sure why. I painted the heck out of it and its just frustrated the junk out of me. Not sure what I was trying to accomplish or what I was going for anymore. Also, I apparently cant paint reflective surfaces at all.




UPDATE: One week later this is the newest version. I still wanted to make him appear more sci-fi-ish. He seems too plain still. I need to practice making for confident and bold changes to my work. Take risks.




Thats what I get for painting on my TV. Contrast and color problems! I hooked my pc up to my computer screens again and set up my workspace in my new apartment now. I revisited this portrait and made a lot of improvements. This was just meant to be something for fun to possibly make a life-like 3d rendering of in Maya later. I still want to just add a few more sci-fi-ish elements to it but I can't come up with anything other than glowing leds on his suit (which is over done).  Heres the updated image.



Ever since I built this new pc a few weeks ago, I've been wanting to push its abilities and make a photo realistic 3d portrait. I want to do something sci-fi-ish. Some kind of really high tech and really polished futuristic character with a neato future suit of some kind. This was what came out of my head when I sat down to draw it out. This turned out looking dirtier and more gloomy than I had intended. I think I'll do another rendition of it and pinpoint the look I was going for. It was supposed to appear clean with smooth surfaces and highly saturated lighting. Although, I like this painting for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment