About Me

My photo
Orlando, Florida, United States
Contact me at:
chrisjohnleblanc@yahoo.com LinkedIn: Christopher LeBlanc
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................
I'm a professional computer graphics artist interested in using my artistic skills and creativity to develop successful and inspiring projects.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Concept Art - Line Drawing Portfolio Piece

Update: Four more hours of work. It took me a while to find a rendering style that I liked to show the computer in action. I render out a fully lit hologram but it didnt match the style of the rest of the drawing so I redrew it and liked what I came up with.
Nearly finished.

The first rendition of the hologram.



I've been working on this simple concept drawing for weeks. The major challenge here was learning perspective. I know the basic rules but applying them to create an odd set of shapes like in this drawing was very difficult. Then I had to figure out how to draw circles and ellipses in Photoshop, which I never really was able to do. They NEVER come out looking natural.  I usually wind up with what looks like a ten year old crayon drawing. Its upsetting but I decided to just have Photoshop generate my circles for me instead and then I copy and pasted those parts. I definitely learned many lessons while working on this.  Its still a WIP. I need to do a few detailed window sketches of the tiny parts and then add basic value and color.






No comments:

Post a Comment