About Me

My photo
Orlando, Florida, United States
Contact me at:
chrisjohnleblanc@yahoo.com LinkedIn: Christopher LeBlanc
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................
I'm a professional computer graphics artist interested in using my artistic skills and creativity to develop successful and inspiring projects.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Sketchbook Page and Lighting Study

Tonight, I did some touch ups on the drawings I'm thinking of uploading to my sketches on my portfolio.  I thought they needed stronger lines around the outlines and hard surfaces.  It was a good choice because I thought the outcome made the images look more professional and clean. Heres one of the pages...




I was studying a Caravaggio painting.  Hes one of my favorite old masters.  He tends to use dark backgrounds and his subjects are always lit by a strong spot light, giving them a bright vibrant appearance.  He always uses Earth tones for color.  I tried to mimic some of the effects he creates with this quick study.



Caravaggio Example


My Study

Not too bad for a 45 minute exercise.  But regardless, I think I've got the formula down for using his style.

No comments:

Post a Comment