About Me

My photo
Orlando, Florida, United States
Contact me at:
chrisjohnleblanc@yahoo.com LinkedIn: Christopher LeBlanc
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................
I'm a professional computer graphics artist interested in using my artistic skills and creativity to develop successful and inspiring projects.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Update - Time Lapse Painting

I'm quite happy with this, it was a total time of 8 hours as I found out when I compiled all the video files. After I started this little speed painting, I couldn't stop thinking about what it had the potential to be, so I've been working a little bit on it for a few weeks and recorded as I worked each time. The subject was just something I came with while painting. You'll notice that the bats in the background and the mask are revised several times and just appear, I didn't record those parts because I was being so indecisive about the look and kept starting over. Once I settled on something I liked, I started recording again. I'm not sure if it is apparent from the footage but my strength cuts off when I start adding color. I have so much trouble separating colors from each other that I just see general warms and cools. I can't judge for myself if I have 3 different tints or shades of blue... they all just look blue to me. Thats what red-green color blindness does I guess. It makes things pretty tough as an artist but as a handicap, I have a few techniques I can make use of. I actually wound up going to a website and selecting an analogous color scheme to assist me. This is what I sampled while adding the color. It definitely helped me!








2 comments: