About Me

My photo
Orlando, Florida, United States
Contact me at:
chrisjohnleblanc@yahoo.com LinkedIn: Christopher LeBlanc
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................
I'm a professional computer graphics artist interested in using my artistic skills and creativity to develop successful and inspiring projects.

Monday, May 30, 2011

New Illustration

I've been working on this for the past few weeks. If there is one thing I learned from this piece it is that I need to expedite my process. I'm fairly happy with the outcome. I challenged myself with a tough angle on the scene. The knees had to be the largest feature while the hands had to be the smallest. It took alot of tweaking to get the right perspective.


The full size image.




2 comments:

  1. This is really good, Chris! When creating your characters, do you have a story behind them? Or an idea in your mind as to who they are / what they do? ...Just curious. :)
    -Charity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charity, thanks for commenting! Typically I will have a simple visual in mind of what I want to do. When I was younger I always daydreamed of a great idea and played out entire stories in my head while in school or something. Admittedly, as I've gotten older, I feel like I'm going through the motions of creating something striking rather than putting proper thought and a story into what I'm doing. Any pro character designer will tell you that a good character design needs to have a story behind the design. I'm trying to get back to doing that and thinking out an entire idea before drawing/painting.

    ReplyDelete